Saturday, October 17, 2009

Law Abiding Citizen


I enjoyed this movie entirely. Gerard Butler gave me goosebumps, not because of his good looks, but because of his passion. He is a killer and while I don't condone killing, and I do agree that some innocent people were killed by him in the movie, it was justified. I can't say that if someone killed my daughter and husband, that I wouldn't do the same.

I wondered throughout the whole thing, HOW the HELL he was getting away with these murders? No, not getting away with DOING the murders, but ACTUALLY commiting the murders when he is locked behind bars. You start to think that he is some hunt/tracking genius! Genius!

I wanted him to get away with the murders. I want everyone dead, so that he could walk free with his dignity and feeling of justice being served; because he is right, the system is flawed. One murder (THE MAIN MURDER, and while they didn't exactly mention/prove it, I know he was the rapist as well) got away with EVERYTHING! He served like 3 or 5 years. BULL SHIT!

That murder was genius!

Towards the end of the movie, I looked at my boyfriend and said, "this is my favorite movie now. It beats Rent." Well, I did speak a little too soon. This was an amazing movie and it is one of my favorites, BUT the ending is LAME, and certainly NOT the ending I wanted.

They reveal how he is doing it WAY too soon and WAY too fast. While it would have sucked, I would have been happy NOT knowing the HOW, rather than sit through the way the ending unfolded. Now, they should have waited until the last scene was over, and then do the flash backs of how it happened, THAT would have been okay. The ending wa indeed rushed and it made me sad. It was the last 15 minutes of the movie that took it away from my #1 movie. Rent, still holds that spot!

Expert Says: 5 stars, A must see, you can't miss this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment