Friday, October 16, 2009

P.S. I Love You


So, because a new movie came out today, Law Abiding Citizen, with Gerard Butler, I thought I would do a tribute/pre-post/something in his honor. Okay, I just wanted to write a review about this movie and I am using this as an excuse.

So, tell me! This is the THIRD movie that Gerard Butler has been in this year, right? Gamer (which I wanted to see, but didn't), The Ugly Truth, and now Law Abiding Citizen (which I haven't seen yet, but will tonight so you can bet your ass there will be a review waiting for you Monday morning); and these aren't just fly by night movies. These movies did pretty well in the box office. Butler has been around for awhile, many years. But, he has only recently (after P.S. I Love You) gotten "famous" if you will.

In P.S. I Love You, Butler ISN'T EVEN IN IT! I take that back, I should give him more credit than that. He narrates (not like a story book) the whole thing and he is in scenes. From minute one, I feel in love with him and they hadn't even gotten into their apartment yet. He was a wholesome man, and realistic man, and he loved Holly (Swank) with all of his heart.

So, what is this movie about? It's not about their cute little relationship. Or Gerry (Butler) leaving Holly notes around the apartment. Nope, those Bastards tricked us Suckers into believing this movie was going to be a happy-go-lucky, typical romance film. That's not what you get. Gerry dies and leaves behind the love of his life Holly to deal with it. But, that is not all! He leaves behind notes. He leaves part of him behind and he, while dead, helps her on her journey of cooping with his death. YES! I know right! Amazing. Gerry knew he was going to die soon, but didn't tell Holly this.

He "forces" her to do things that doesn't want to, to let loose, quit being a prude, have fun, and more importantly move on. Holly's journey/tale/quest will take you on your very own emotional journey. Just don't ask your significant other if he/she would do the same for you, they won't.

This is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again and never tire of it. It is also one of those movies where the more I watch it, the more I will cry to it. *sigh* Life, huh?

Expert Says: 5 Stars, have a box of tissue next to you, because you will need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment