Monday, October 12, 2009

Kate & Leopold


This movie was just okay. The headline and movie description are very deceiving. Time continuum I get. Slow romance, I don't get. Choosing to live in the 1870's I get, because I am the first to admit that I should have been born "back in the day."

My problem with this movie is that the romance is too slow. It took over half the movie before Kate (Ryan) and Leopold (Jackman) had an actual date. This movie was not a romance film. Romance films are lasting throughout the whole thing. During this one, you don't really see that Leopold is attracted/likes/loves Kate. All you see is an 1870 gentleman treating a lady the way she should be treated.

I feel gypped of a good romance film.

Expert Says: 2 stars, you're not missing anything by not seeing this one

No comments:

Post a Comment