Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bedtime Stories



I find myself liking Fantasy movies more and more, I am not sure why, I usually hate fantasy. No, I hate Sci-Fi (and I've been liking those too)!

So, this is a cute movie. Fun for the family and especially the kids. What happens? Adam Sandler (playing a character whose name I can't remember) is forced to watch his niece and nephew for a week while his sister is out of town. In an effort to get them to sleep, he tells them a bed time story; only he isn't so good at it so the kids help him out a bit. The next, he realizes that the story comes true. So, he tries to tell a bedtime story where he gets the car, the girl, and the hotel (a management position at the hotel he works at, as a handy man).

It sounds really stupid, but it entertained me, had a little humor, a couple "moral of the stories," and it got me thinking about what kind of stories I would tell if I knew they would come true the next day. First of all, I would totally wish the winning lottery ticket into me hand.

Regardless, thinks go wrong and the character (Sandler) messes everything up. Obviously, he fixes things in the end and lives happily ever after.

Expert Says: 3.5 Stars; a little better than average; good family entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment