Thursday, October 22, 2009

G.I. Jane

I didn't get to watch this movie when it first came out. I'm certain it was at least 2 years later before I saw it. I saw it again recently and I was reminded of WHY I wanted to join the Navy at one point in my life.

I am one of those individuals, like Jordan (Moore), who HATES to be told that I cannot do something, and DO NOT even think about telling me I cannot do it for reasons that I cannot control. Like age, gender, sexual preference, etc...

Demi Moore tells the military to kiss her ass and with the help of a Senator gets to join the Navy SEALS, a career that even today females cannot do.

This movie shows the brutality towards women soldiers and the discrimination we face. Jordan had to go through many, many lengths in order to be accepted by her fellow comrades. She shaved her hair off, and told them to, "SUCK MY DICK." Cheers all around for that last one.

Eventually, politics and money took an even bigger toll and the Senator stopped back up Jordan, which forced her to leave the SEALS. It was a long and rigorous fight.

Expert Says: 5 Stars, male of female you will enjoy this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment