Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blindness


There is an epidemic of "white" blindness and it seems everyone is being infected except for one, the Doctor's wife (Moore). All blind persons are thrown into a quarantine building with 3 wards in order to minimize infection. The Doctor (Ruffalo) becomes the spokes person for the ward 1. Ward 3 seeks selfish intentions and takes over the entire facility threatening to not feed the other wards unless they offer something of value or their women.


Moore guides Ward 1 throughout the entire process and helps them cope and deal with their blindness. She tries to keep everything civilized and still maintain her marriage. In the end is their bond strong enough to last? Does the Ward 3 eventually dominate or do they self destruct?

I get that the blindness can wear-off. I am okay excepting that. What pisses me off the most, is that they DO NOT explain HOW they are going blind. In the movie they make it seem like you are infected from someone who is infected. So if the first blind man (Iseya) comes into contact with me, I then become blind along with anyone who has had contact with me, or Iseya. BUT HOW? They could have at least explained HOW Iseya came to be the FIRST blind person. A chemical exposure that is then passed through breath to others? I don't know, but I wish they would have explained it...

Props to the writers. This movie definitely plays off the fears of the World or at least my personal fears. I couldn't imagine loosing my sight. It would be an awful feeling of loneliness. I don't even know how I would begin to handle being surrounded by blind people, no one to help me or guide me. Good acting, I believed they were blind and great job at portraying what is greatly possible of happening. This movie reminds me a TAD bit of quarantine, but 100 times better.

Expert Says: 3 Stars, plays on fear, interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment