Thursday, November 19, 2009

Taken


This movie is every Dad's worst nightmare. This movie is every young girl's worst nightmare. While this story is not true, there are many other young girls and families where the fate of the young women cannot be changed. This movie ranks in my top 10 movies.
If I had a Dad, or needed one, I would hope that he would be something very similar to what Neeson is.

First, the parents of this girl are STUPID. I pulled the same thing on my Mom when I was 15. Only I wanted to go on a weekend road trip and I wasn't leaving the country. But, we told her that one of the girl's cousins would be there too! 4 young women would be protected by one big, security guard man. I thought we would be with him too, I didn't know other wise until we reached our destination.

Second, these girls are STUPID! I NEVER would have gone on that weekend road trip had I known that the bouncer cousin WASN'T going to be there. In fact, I was PISSED when I found out he was never going to show up in the first place. But, it was too late, and instead of worrying my Mom and spoiling my friends fun, I stayed, kept my mouth shut and had fun. But I WOULD NEVER EVER travel to a different country without the protection of a man! A big man! One that could actually protect me!

Not to say that this family had it coming, but...

Also, these girls should have had some SERIOUS self defense classes, and street smart classes (I know they have these, it starts with Girl Scouts!), because they were STUPID!

As you can see, this movie got be VERY emotional. So there was some stuff and special effects thrown into this movie that remind you it isn't real. And I have mentioned before that I like to put myself in the place of the characters. The effects doesn't matter too much, because we are already too engrossed into Neeson finding his daughter is the drug, prostitution, and underground sex scandals. I am in shock, shock and some of this stuff! I understand having and open door policy, but an "open door" policy? Oh God no!

I hate seeing women taken advantage of, HATE!

Anyway, the plot of this movie is EXCELLENT. The Ass kicking is KICK ASS. And if you don't feel any sympathy for the characters you have no heart. So, go see it!

Expert Says: 5 Stars, A.Must.See.

No comments:

Post a Comment