Monday, November 23, 2009

New Moon


If you haven't seen the first movie, you might check out my review for it here.

Wow. It is truly amazing what a larger budget can do to make a movie. Before the graphics and screening were a little poor. In the first movie, I complained about how the vampires skin looked in the sun light. This time, it was much more like I imagined it. Sparkling and glowing and unnoticeable. It was wonderful.

This movie is going to be my least favorite of all the movies, mostly because it is my least favorite of the books. However, I think they did a great job at meeting my needs, in the sense that they rushed through the growth of Bella and Jacobs relationship.

The book was much, much better than the movie. Putting that aside, this was a decent movie and an enjoyable one.

A lot of what happened in the book did not appear in the movie. For me, that is a good thing, because I wanted to see Bella spend as little time with Jacob as possible. My wish came true.

I was a little disappointed. The chemistry between Bella and Edward seemed to fade a little. I hope that in the 3rd movie, Eclipse which comes out June 30, 2010, they have more chemistry.

I was actually surprised at the humor in this movie. I forgot how funny some parts were in the books. Like when Edward thanks Jacob for looking after Bella while he was away. Classic! I also loved the crowds reaction to when Jacob would rip his shirt off! I mean the girls were not swooning over him, but there was some laughter and the obviousness in it. Jacob clearly wanted to have his shirt off for everything.

It's funny, because Lover decided that he did not like Bella, because she was toying with Jacob and Edward. *sigh* He just doesn't get it. We had some problems when he told me that he liked Jacob. UH Excuuuse Me? WE... do not, like Jacob Black. I explained it like this.
"Babe, see you are my Edward. What if some other man came and tried to steal me away. Would you like him?"

"No."

"Then, why would you like Jacob?"

Point proven. Whether he truly agreed with me or not, he wouldn't dare cross my affection for Edward... I mean him...
Oh, I don't know if you noticed but Dakota Fanning played Jane. Umm, Oh my goodness. She did such a great job! They couldn't have picked a better actress to play that role and WOW! I can't wait until the next two movies, where she has a bigger role! They better keep Dakota Fanning in the role.

Expert Says: 4 Stars, You should definitely go check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment