Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Star Trek


I use to make fun of people who liked these kind of movies. They are a little dorky, a little nerdy, and pretty lame. At least, that is what I thought until Lover made me watch Star Trek with him. He got this movie on Blu-Ray for his birthday and wanted to watch it as soon as possible.

I shocked my own taste, when I discovered that I actually LIKED this movie. It's still a little dorky and nerdy, but it is also a little cool. The acting could use some work, the lines were too "planed out." During some conversations it felt as though the actors/actresses were simply reading them and they characters could use more character. I also felt like I was "learning a lesson" the whole time which is lame too. So, because of that this movie lost some points.

BUT...

The plot was cool, the aliens were realistic and not green eyed monsters. Actions don't surprise me, and I like the idea of things happening that are "out of this world." I'm talking about time traveling and the whole idea of black holes.

I hope they improved on their acting skills in the next movies (there are more right?). Plus, Zoe Saldana had to of gained some experience in Avatar. See here and here.

Expert Says: 3.5 Stars, neat movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment