Monday, January 18, 2010

What Women Want


Surprisingly enough, this is one of Lover's favorite movies. Or so it would appear - he doesn't normally buy DVDs of movies he doesn't like and when we merged our collections we ended up with two.

Here's the thing... I am a fan of the love story, but I hate how EVERYTHING has to turn into a love story. I don't for one second believe that if a man had the ability to read the minds of women, that he would come clean about it OR confess that he was using it to his advantage. Really? If I could read one person's mind I would use it to my advantage. I wouldn't take advantage of the person, but mind reading would certainly take away the bull shitting and getting to know one another stage.

This movie starts off hilarious! It incorporates all the needed aspects, family, sex, and career. We probably could have gone without the whole Prom ordeal. I mean the actually prom event, not the events that lead up to it. Who cares if she slept with her boyfriend of not? I certainly don't! I just liked hearing that she was lying to you about it!

Again, the love story was over done. I didn't see the chemistry AT ALL and it ruined the film for me. This movie has the right idea, but flew with it in the wrong direction.

Experts Says - 3 Stars, not one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment