Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Parent Trap


In recent events this movie has left me crying. So, what better reason than to write a review about it. Okay...

Plot: Twins (Lohan), separated at birth - one went with the Dad, one with the Mom - know nothing about each other but find out at camp when they are 12 years old. Once they figure out they are twins they switch places in order to:
1. Get to know the other parent.
and
2. Get their parents back together.

Oh, did I mention that one parent lives in London (Richardson) while the other lives in Napa, CA (Quaid)?

So the fact that 1 person plays 2 people and there is actual interaction between the two, amazes me. I know it happens all the time, but I don't always KNOW that it is happening and the only reason I know in this movie is because there is only 1 Lindsey Lohan and after the movie came out I thought this duo would be the next Olsen Twins. When that didn't happen, I turned to Google.

This is a very cute movie for those of the young girl persuasion. I don't think little boys or males in general will ever enjoy this movie. Although, I can picture a Daughter and Daddy night with this movie, some popcorn, and chocolate covered almonds, because who doesn't love chocolate covered almonds.

This movie is also a Disney movie; and let's face it, Disney movies have their own category and rules for ratings.

Expert Says: 3.5 Stars; cute; watch with the girls; or guys can to score points with the girls. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment