Friday, September 17, 2010

Shutter Island


I waited over a YEAR to see this movie! I think it was March or April of 2009 that I first saw the previews for this movie, and I bounced in my seat saying, "oh oh oh! I HAVE to see that." Then, I found out it didn't even come out in theatres for A YEAR! A YEAR! How DUMB! Just dumb! The suspense was killing me! I was dying of curiousity. The movie came out, it got mixed reviews, my interst was still peaked, but I didn't get to make it. Thanks to Netflix I finally got to watch it. I wasn't impressed. I think I was expecting a different plot.

The previews were very deciving to what was actually going to happen, which is how it should be. BUT I WANTED it to be about the previews! I wanted it to play out perfectly in my head the way I thought it would and it didn't.

There are some good things to this movie. First, I liked the acting, and the plot wasn't HORRBILE, it just wasn't what I wanted. I wanted more terror. Think horror movie in an insane asylum! Instead, what I got was a not so greatly written psychological thriller. Throught the movie I was on my toes wondering what would be happening next, because they honestly gave NO clues! Then the ending! Oh my the ending! What is the truth? Is he crazy? Or are they only trying to make him THINK he is crazy? It is up to you to decide.

Experts Says: 3.5 Stars, disappointing yet thrilling

No comments:

Post a Comment